Monday, December 14, 2009

Do Mega Pixels Really Matter When You Shop Digital Cameras?


Ah yet another subject that no one seems to have a concise and direct answer for! Honestly, when it comes to mega pixels and how high or low you choose from, I think it depends on what you want to use the camera for. Higher mega pixels don't necessarily mean that you are going to get a better picture. My first camera was an Olympus SP-510 UZ. It had over 10 mega pixels, fine zoom and macro. I loved that camera for a newbie such as myself. The 10 mega pixels resulted in some really fantastic and very clear pictures.

I'm a big believer in the user of the cameras well though. You could have a pro photographer and a beginner. Try and give them both 10 mega pixel Nikon cameras. The beginner may not know much about white balance, aperture, zoom, colors, settings, etc. So the beginner, even though they have the same camera, might come up short when it comes to quality. I think I'm a pretty good photographer, but in my first few months of taking photos -- I took some really bad ones! I'm talking so bright it could blind you.

Or so dark you couldn't even see what was in the photo. On the other hand, you give a professional photographer a 10 mega pixel camera and he or she knows all about settings, how they work, how to adjust them so you get the best benefits and he or she could take an amazing photo. It's not because of the camera necessarily, it's the hands that the camera is in. So as far as worrying about camera mega pixels for Nikon cameras or Canon SLR cameras - you really should be looking at your own level of experience instead of the actual mega pixels themselves. Shop digital cameras online to find the perfect camera for your level.

No comments:

Post a Comment