Monday, August 17, 2009

Benefits of using External Flash

I love low light and night photography but I never use the built-in camera flash. It’s always turned off. I prefer higher ISO and more grainy looking photos than having my subjects look like red-eyed zombies and seem unrealistically flattened.

But sometimes, you just can’t do without a flash so I bought myself an external flash to fit on my DSLR and it works great. First of all it tilts and swivels, so you can adjust it according to your subject and make the light softer. It’s got a lot of power so it can light up a much larger area and makes the photo seem more natural rather than a small flash that lights up only a certain area.

Take a look at the Nikon SB-900 Speedlight. This is Nikon's flagship flash unit, and the most advanced in the Speedlight range. Its automated zoom head has been expanded to cover 17mm to 200mm lenses (in 35mm/FX format), and can cover this range in just 1.2 seconds. This flash now lets you select from three light distribution patterns: Standard, Center-weighted, and Even. It will also automatically detect if it is connected to a DX or FX format camera, and adjust itself accordingly.

For a wide selection of shoe mount flash visit www.photo4less.com and bring your subject back to life.

1 comment: